I want to be selfish for once. This space is about me. I can talk and think, uninterrupted. Might be of relevance... or maybe not.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Where to?

The first reaction I had was why is another young Christian politician being murdered? Shot in bright daylight like a dog?

After Kassir and Tueni, we lose another one.

But the we, is not only the maronite from Ashrafieh or Bsharreh. The we is not only the greek orthodox from el Metn.
The we is also the sunnite from beirut, the shiite from the south and the druze from the jabal.

We, as Lebanese, are losing, every minute, every day.

This is not about Aoun, seniora or hizballa. This is about Lebanon.

And I listen to Amin el Gemayel and to Jumblat, and I am amazed on how much they have evolved. They have paid their dues, they have learned from the mistakes of the past. And I listen to Seniora. He cried before, but his latest speech made people cry. "Pierre, send our regards to Gebran, Samir, George and Rafik".

Ghassan lost Gebran. Amin, lost another one. After his brother, he loses his son.

The young is dead, the hope is gone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

i am not pessimistic. I believe there is a price for freedom, and we are paying it.
I feel we go 10 steps backwards every time someone dies. But in fact, it makes us stronger. We will not give up, we will never give up. giving up means that we have lost. and i refuse to loose. i refuse to give up lebanon.
I listen to jumblat, Amin el gemayel and geagea and I see hope. yes, call it ironic, call it whatever, but those people who fought each other seem to get it, now, finally. they stick to each other, they know we need each other to survive and make it. so i am not giving up. i am not giving up for my family and friends who still believe. and i believe. and lebanon will never cease to exist.

10:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

am singing ur note again. tis v sad that v simply, another lebanese citizen had to die, whether by car bomb, israeli air raid or hit men. i really want to believe that there is light at the end of the tunnel and these people, ministers, deputies, journalists and innocent civilians have not died for nothing.

6:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home