I want to be selfish for once. This space is about me. I can talk and think, uninterrupted. Might be of relevance... or maybe not.

Friday, January 11, 2008

On going back and forth.

My biggest fear every time I go back home, is this feeling I get when I know that pretty soon I will have to leave everything and everyone behind, again. And go there, where I don't belong.

Sometimes I wonder if it is not easier to never go back, forget about it, and move on.
But it won't work.

And we suffer. Every day, in every way.
And I miss them.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lycanthropy said...

This might be interesting,
if you have been feeling like a stranger in a strange land:

"The anatomy of nostalgia: from pathology to normality" Arthur G. Nikelly, Ph.D
International Journal of Applied Psychoanalytic Studies; Volume 1, Issue 2 , Pages 182 - 199

Abstract;
This analysis traces the genesis, evolution, and function of the hitherto abandoned illness category of nostalgia and demonstrates how compelling environmental imperatives can generate a nosological construct (diagnosis) whose etiology changes according to prevailing living conditions. I show that, to a large extent, the physical symptoms of nostalgia are a function of abrupt changes in social structures and that the explanation for the nostalgic experience is influenced by cultural values and by the prevailing medical and social attitudes in various chronological periods. Nostalgia is a culturally devised label that controls and treats deviant behavior but fades when environmental circumstances restabilize. Although no longer a valid category, nostalgia helps therapists understand how to deal with homesickness, separation, and loss, and facilitates insight and coping among immigrants, sojourners, and culturally alienated persons. Copyright © 2004 Whurr Publishers Ltd

5:32 PM

 
Blogger Paul said...

Thanks L. Sounds interesting from the abstract.

8:02 PM

 
Blogger Firas Wehbe said...

Thanks man :)

9:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we miss youuuuuuuuuuuu too

9:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home