I want to be selfish for once. This space is about me. I can talk and think, uninterrupted. Might be of relevance... or maybe not.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Scorsese, at his best!

Ok if you think "Reservoir dogs" is one of the best plots or one of the finest Mafia movies, well think again.
I couldn't help but draw similarities to QT's movie, but honestly "The departed" is just too good. In so many aspects.
It starts with a great performance from Matt Damon, a la "good will hunting", great face expressions from Jack Nicholson, a la "shining" and yes ladies and gentlemen, a perfect performance of DiCaprio. I was never a big fan of him, but honestly, his acting skills in this movie were phenomenal.
I won't talk about the plot, I would let you discover that.
Great director in Scorsese, great performances from Nicholson (who would only compete with DiCaprio for an Oscar), Damon and DiCaprio.
Don't miss that movie. A lot of blood, a lot shooting in the forehead, a lot of suspense, a lot of cheap worthless killing, all tainted with some red. and love.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mr. N. said...

Agree!
You should see him in "Blood Diamond". It is good too!
Plus, now playing: The Good Sheperd" this should be worth the ticket as well.

10:56 AM

 
Blogger Paul said...

yeah i know! i am going to watch that as well.
Mr.N, you missed on a big party a couple of weeks ago, grrr:)

8:05 PM

 
Blogger _z. said...

paul, a great movie indeed. And yes Di Caprio is a great actor indeed. He just sucked in Titanic because the movie is crap, but he is a great actor... and yes scorcese will most def. get the oscar for the departed. however, I am not sure if you are aware that the departed is an adaptation of a Korean movie... same plot and everything.

that does not take anything from the American movie though. I enjoyed it a lot.

8:16 PM

 
Blogger Paul said...

Oh actually I didn't know that z_,thanks for the info!

9:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home