I want to be selfish for once. This space is about me. I can talk and think, uninterrupted. Might be of relevance... or maybe not.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Adolescence

We go through different phases of growth in life.

Adolescence is characterized by social interaction and personality changes. We become defiant, we question all that we have learned. We are opposed to figures of authority. We want to be different, no matter what. Luckily, we outgrow it.

Elderly, once they hit a certain age, go backwards. They become more demanding, requiring more attention. I am sure you have noticed it within your own family. In a way, they become like kids. You can blame it on Alzheimer's disease.

Do you remember pipo? the character from S.L.Chi? well, he is the young version of Aoun.

I feel Aoun is either:
1) stuck at one of the early stages of psychosocial development (Freud would have been amazed with such a rare regressive model).

or

2) has an advanced form of dementia. An elderly, acting more childish than any kid.

He insists on being in the opposition, no matter what. Luckily, he chose the right camp in 1989 (although now, his real initial intentions are becoming questionable) . He should have noticed that things were different in 2006, in the opposition camp.
He loves being the victim. Just reading his website, it is all about: Lebanese forces did this for me, or the government did that for me.

I mean, come on man, get a f%@$ grip. Grow up.or quit.

(I am in no way, holding him responsible for what has happened over the last few days. That would be giving him too much credit. which he does not deserve. he is a puppet. and a bad one. pas plus).

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. For me the blame for what has happened is simple: there has been way too much tension and stirring up of emotions from politicians on both sides on talk shows and a complete nullification of the state and parliament.these people r supposed to settle their differences in parliament and in the cabinet and arouse the populace to settle their leaders' differences in the streets. call ya soon, my friend.

3:01 AM

 
Blogger Tilda said...

nice post! I would add to that a paranoid personality disorder...
PS: just to be annoying, psychosocial development is Ericson, freud is all about the psychsexual stages of development :)

7:04 AM

 
Blogger Liliane said...

I liked comparing him to pipo! At least pipo is much cuter and funnier!

8:30 AM

 
Blogger Paul said...

Meeps, my friend.
Tilda: I think I am forgetting my basic psychology courses:)
Liliane: pipo was hilarious, and genuine, at least!

8:57 AM

 
Blogger gitanes legeres said...

he's simply demented and obsessed with the kersseh. et voila. generalissimo.. i don't think his motives in 89 were different.
how about the rest of them paul???!!

9:30 PM

 
Blogger Liliane said...

In deed, wish pipo would rule this country

7:44 AM

 
Blogger Maya@NYC said...

mmm... amazing how everytime someone criticizes Aoun (dissects is more appropriate here), i find a comment by Tilda! :)
the mon-general is cursed with poor communication skills. in written words, he can be better appreciated. i think.

11:40 PM

 
Blogger Paul said...

Well Maya, that is what I used to think. This guy doesn't know how to talk, but his intentions are good. Well, I don't think so anymore.
He not only does not know how to talk, his actions speak for his intentions. and they have not been the best, to say the least.

8:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home