I want to be selfish for once. This space is about me. I can talk and think, uninterrupted. Might be of relevance... or maybe not.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Post lebanon syndrome

It is about realizing how much I have left behind.

It is all about the faces.
It is all about the places.

It is all about the thought that I might never come back.
It is all about living here, where I feel everything is fake.

It is about walking on the street and hearing a language I can relate to, faces that look familiar. Faces that might mean something one day. It is about living somewhere where you feel you belong, where you are part of a human chain.

It is only when you go back that you appreciate all the beauty; even in the chaos. Sectarianism, instability, fairuz,raouche.

The world is not perfect. Lebanon is not perfect...but it is the closest thing to heaven as far as I am concerned.

(pd, thanks)

3 Comments:

Blogger Mar said...

How right and transparent.
When I first came to the US,at college orientation sessions, I'd look at the swarm of people, waiting for some familiar face to pop up.Nothing, no one. It went on for a few months untill it kicked in and i was forced to get over it.

9:15 AM

 
Blogger Paul said...

We have to aknowledge it, every day, every morning. And this feeling will not change.
Maybe I will change, in few years, but I hope not.
Welcome Mar :)

11:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, it's about all of the above...Very well said.

FM

7:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home